A life lived on purpose is filled with meaning, and people who live their purpose realise they are making a difference in the world simply by being in the world.
Knowing your life purpose will unlock within you your true potential, your soul gifts which some would call your natural talents. The process of knowing your life’s purpose involves identifying and unlocking your soul’s gifts which will lead you to living your highest and true potential.
Do you know your life’s purpose? Most people don’t. In fact, few people have even considered it. That’s a shame, because knowing your life’s purpose makes life more exciting and satisfying.
Imagine being excited to live each day to its fullest! Most people dread getting up and spend the week waiting for the weekend. The TGIF club. We weren’t created to be mediocre; we were created to soar and achieve great things with our lives.
Setting time apart to determining your life’s purpose is worthy of your time and consideration! When contemplating and spending time working on your life’s purpose consider the following ideas and realise the huge benefits and potential it will create in your life.
- It’s easier to plan your day. Most people spend their day trying to figure out what to do. When you don’t have a clear objective and purpose, it’s easy to become lost. What are you attempting to achieve each day?
- It’s easier to resist distractions. Your life’s purpose is something that’s compelling to you. Distractions are hard to resist when your life feels meaningless, or you feel bored. Your ability to focus is enhanced when you know your purpose.
- It’s easier to make decisions. Your purpose is the overriding consideration in your life. Decisions are much easier to make when you clearly understand what you’re trying to accomplish. For example, if your purpose is to be a world-class marathoner, the right diet choices become much clearer. You also know that getting to bed on time each night is more important than running around all night with your friends
“NOT MAKING A DECISION IS ACTUALLY MAKING A DECISION”
- Fun. For most people, a fun activity is just something done for distraction. It’s not something you would want to do all day, every day. Riding a rollercoaster is fun, but you wouldn’t want to do it for eight hours every day. Eating ice cream is fun, but it’s not enjoyable to eat five times a day. When you know your purpose, the activities associated with that purpose can be “fun.” You know you’re living the life you’re supposed to live. That’s the ultimate source of fun. Imagine having fun at your work!
- Contentment. You feel content when you know and live your purpose. The nagging feeling that you should be doing something else with your life dissipates. Contentment is what remains. This is the emotion that most people crave, even if they don’t realize it.
- Enthusiasm. You feel much more motivated. You feel less internal resistance. Knowing your purpose unleashes your enthusiasm. In fact, enthusiasm is one clue that you’re living your purpose. Are you enthusiastic about going to your job each day?
- You make meaningful progress in your life. Happiness is largely the result of making progress toward meaningful goals. You have a much better chance of being happy when you’re aware of your life’s purpose. Do you have goals? If not, why? If you do have goals, how do you feel when you’re making progress toward them?
“A GOAL IS A DREAM WITH A PLAN”
- You become more interesting to others. Have you ever known someone that was clear on what they wanted from their life? It’s exciting to be around someone like that. You become much more interesting and magnetic when your life has a clear direction. Your social lifeimproves in many ways.
- Your creativity is fully utilised. Pursuing anything meaningful will involve overcoming obstacles. When you’re fully energized, your creativity can operate at full power. You’re surprised by your ability to solve problems.
The world is full of people aimlessly drifting through life without a purpose. Most people have never taken the time to consider what they want their life to be about. This is a huge mistake, because there are so many benefits to knowing and living your life’s purpose
If you don’t know your life’s purpose, stop everything you’re doing and give it some serious thought. You only have one life to live!